Tuesday, October 23, 2007

unfinished

Title: The Men I Didn't Marry
Authors: Janice Kaplan and Lynn Schnurnberger


I don't so much go for the mid-life crisis novel where the book opens with a couple dropping the youngest kid off at college and then the husband informing the wife he's leaving her for a pre-existing girlfriend. I think I still identify more with the college-student kids than the actual heroine of this book. However, there's apparently an audience for this sort of crap, because this is the second book like this these authors have put out. Whatever.

Title: You Suck: A Love Story
By Christopher Moore

Didn't really suck me in (hah). Plus it's written in first person, and I often dislike that.

Title: Queen of Babble in the Big City
By Meg Cabot

I liked 'Queen of Babble' and didn't really see the need for a sequel - the relationship issues seemed contrived, and I didn't like the messing with the initial happy ending.

Title: Knock Off
By Rhonda Pollero

Main character was too ditzy (even for me).

Title: The Accidental Florist
By Jill Churchill

Eh.

Title: Remains to be Scene
By R. T. Jordan

Eh. Major characters not very likeable.

Labels: , , , , ,


posted by ket at 5:31 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger ~e said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11/03/2007 9:55 PM  
Blogger ~e said...

i have heard from Christopher Moore fans that "You Suck" was one of his poorest showings. while i haven't gotten around to reading any of his stuff, i intended to; also, conveniently, archaism owns most of what Moore's written, so it's already in my dining area.

and, oh man, if i need to try and comment on all the books i've given up on since this blog started...the same short attention span which causes me to abandon books will likely defeat me in such a quest.

11/03/2007 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment