Tuesday, January 22, 2013

caterpillar hookah, indeed

Title: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
Author: Lewis Carroll
bookmark: nookmark

I found it free on Project Gutenberg.  I was curious.  I read it.

I am no longer curious, either about the story or about what it might be like to take drugs, because I surmise that reading this purported children's book and trying to make any sense of it creates an effect very similar to that brought on by ingestion of mild psychoactive substances.

But I did enjoy the pun-riddled scene with the Gryphon and the Mock Turtle, especially the following exchange:
"Why did you call him Tortoise if he wasn't one?" Alice asked.
"We called him Tortoise because he taught us," said the Mock Turtle angrily: "really you are very dull!"


Labels: , , , ,


posted by reyn at 6:01 PM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whats a hookah and what does it do?
hookah

11/07/2015 2:05 AM  
Blogger Johnson Decruz said...

What's a vape pen?
best mod vape

12/21/2015 12:32 PM  

Post a Comment