Monday, April 21, 2008

the book-reviewing backlog is a bit out of hand

I actually did try to keep track of all the books I've read in the past few months and haven't gotten around to reviewing. In the interest of getting back on track, we'll cover them ALL in a single post. Arbitrary "rating" system of webdings may or may not accurately reflect the quality of these books, but at least it makes the post more interesting...



In no particular order:



Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (J. K. Rowling) PPP (except for the epilogue, which I wasn't a huge fan of - that gets maybe P)

On the Loose (Tara Janzen) bbbb

Shadow Music (Julie Garwood) O

Hello, Doggy! (Elaine Fox) CCC

Cutting Loose (Tara Janzen) JJ

Hot (Julia Harper) zz

Bones to Ashes (Kathy Reichs) pp

Simply Sexy (Linda Francis Lee) EEE

Delicious (Susan Mallery) A

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Ally Carter) YYYY (Seriously. This one was fun.)

Tempting (Susan Mallery) SS

Puss 'n Cahoots (Rita Mae Brown) ll

Blame it on Chocolate (Jennifer Greene) Q

Death Match (Lincoln Child) VV

Simply Scandalous (Carly Phillips) jjjj

Lost in Austen (Emma Campbell Webster) XX

With This Puzzle I Thee Kill (Parnell Hall) LLL

The Cat's Meow (Emily Carmichael) D

An Assembly Such As This: A Novel of Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman (Pamela Aidan) mmmm

Duty and Desire : A Novel of Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman (Pamela Aidan) qq

These Three Remain: A Novel of Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman (Pamela Aidan) www

Between You and Me (Jane Blackwood) G

Kisses to Go (Irene Peterson) ee

Creation in Death (J.D. Robb) NNNN

The Dead Room (Heather Graham) BBB

Night Swimming (Laura Moore) R

I Do (But I Don't) (Cara Lockwood) jj

An Ordinary Spy (Joseph Weisberg) - I remember something about this one! I didn't get past page 4 because every other freaking word was redacted, and it was just incredibly annoying. Not worthy of webdings.

...that might be all of them.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,


posted by ket at 3:17 PM

4 Comments:

Blogger reyn said...

Ms. Aidan is not very consistent.

Kathy Reichs only got a 2??

I'm responsible for a 4!! AWESOME!!

4/22/2008 2:48 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Webdings do not show up in Firefox. Or at least, not in my Firefox. I was so confused. What kind of rating is "PPP", after all? Or "bbbb"? Are those kind of like raspberries?

And a book with a title like "Hot" should probably not get "zz". It may not have been fantastic, but sleeping through it?

But then I switched to IE to check it out and it made a bit more sense.

4/22/2008 8:22 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Hahaha, so this post also recently showed up in my rss reader and I skimmed through it again, and some additional humorous Firefox-induced ratings include:

Night Swimming got an "R".

Lost in Austen got an "XX" (and I can see why - that's quite the title)

An Assembly Such As This: A Novel of Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman got an "mmmm". Must have been quite tasty.

Shadow of Music got an "O". I'm not even going to ask. Although that does bring up another question. What was the name of that store in DC, Reyn? Or your interpretation of the name. The one we used as a landmark when we were finding our way to...Ket's, I think.

4/22/2008 8:48 AM  
Blogger reyn said...

I believe that store was called "Giant," but the sign was just an enormous G. On a spot. Remember what I called it now? Man, I was afraid I'd NEVER find that place. It didn't help that it turned out to be nowhere NEAR where I thought it would be. (Kind of like ket's apartment that night)

I think I found a movie once called "Lost in Austin" when I got lost in the video store. Maybe it was "Debbie Does Dallas." Or something with "Texxxass" in the title.

4/22/2008 9:50 AM  

Post a Comment