Thursday, January 17, 2008

Maybe she can predict what the customers want?

Title: Bloodstone

Author: Gwen Hunter


Hunter wrote a series featuring an ER doctor that I really enjoyed a few years ago (four books, this one might be the first). This book is totally unrelated.


Tyler is a psychic jewelry designer; someone kidnaps her brother David. Evan, a distant cousin is former military/police/PI/etc., and is skeptical of psychics, but they work together with Tyler's friends Isaac and Jubal (fantastic stereotypical gay couple), crazy Aunt Mathilda, and David's daughter Jane to save David from corrupt developers, evil half-sisters, and a bad cop (no, seriously, those were the villains) who want his land because there's gold on it, and he wants to preserve it as a protected enviromental area. I think this would have been more enjoyable if there'd been a trip to Rhea's ER... Actually, it was pretty good, I just have some issues identifying with psychic characters.

Labels: ,


posted by ket at 4:53 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger reyn said...

I see the tag for "romantic suspense," but I don't see any characters that are either A) not related to her, or B) not the bad guys. Should we add an "incest" tag, too? Or "sleeping with the enemy"?

1/21/2008 8:45 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Gosh Reyn, you are so naive. Sleeping with one's distant cousin is totally okay.

What is with all these incestuous books? I read another one recently (which I haven't posted, my bad) where I found out in the last 20 pages that two of the main characters, who were sleeping together, were related. She was his aunt? His aunt's sister? Sheesh.

At this rate we are going to need to include an incest tag.

1/21/2008 1:49 PM  

Post a Comment