Saturday, April 07, 2007

Innocence, huh?

Title: Innocent in Death
Author: J.D. Robb (really Nora Roberts)

Eve and Roarke’s marriage is tested when one of his old flames comes back into town and tries to tempt him.

Eve’s also investigating a string of murders at a ritzy elementary school.

Roarke finally sends Maggie on her way, and he and Eve work together to solve the murders.

(spoilers ahead)

Turns out it’s a brilliant and sociopathic 8-year-old girl doing all the killings. She killed one of her teachers because he gave her an A- instead of an A. She killed another teacher because he had an affair with her mother, and that was icky. She tried to kill her mother with sleeping pills so she’d look like the guilty one. Turns out she also pushed her little brother down the stairs a few years ago and killed him because he was taking the focus off her. It takes some tricky maneuvering on Eve’s part, but she gets the girl to brag/confess to everything.

Labels: ,


posted by ket at 11:02 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Wasn't there some other book with a character named "Roarke"?

Ket, I am in absolute and abject awe of your "trashy romance novel" stamina.

4/07/2007 8:16 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

My mother recently recommended Nora Roberts (and also J.D. Robb, of course) with highest praise.

I was horrified. It's one thing when my friends read Nora Roberts and recommend a book or two. It's quite another when it's my mother telling me I should read it. I kept trying to explain that I'd already tried and was unimpressed, but she just wouldn't listen.

4/15/2007 4:49 PM  

Post a Comment